Instagram username: @sarasbie
Sara is a model and nutrition student. We met her at her apartment in Oslo for a chat about her life and style.
Describe a day in your everyday life
– It kind of depends on if I’m studying or not. I just finished my exams, so it’s going to be very different. But for the past few months, I have been studying every day, and then I have a coffee with a friend. I had my dog here in Oslo with me for a few weeks, so then I went for many walks. I try to do fun stuff, but obviously with the pandemic it has been kind of limited.
Where do you find inspiration?
– I find a lot of inspiration in nature, and from animals and my friends. I don’t have any celebrity role models that I look up to. I look more up to people who act with kindness and try to do the best they can.
Tell us about the first piece of clothing you bought for yourself
– I didn’t buy it for myself, I made my dad buy it for me since I was very young. It was a princess dress, and I wore it every single day. But that was until I got this costume. We have a very famous character here in Norway called Kaptein Sabeltann, and when I got his costume, I only wanted to wear that.
In what way do you use style to portray your personality?
– It depends on my mood, but I do like to wear unique clothes. I like to wear vintage. I’ll mix a pair of Levi’s with a like vintage blazer. I think it’s exciting to think about who wore the blazer before me. If it’s raining, I often dress in darker colors, but then again in the summer I will wear blue, pink and purple together, and have a lot of fun with it.
What is your favorite piece of denim?
– My favorite piece of denim is this unisex, or they may even be men's jeans, but they’re from Levi’s. They are super baggy and comfortable, but they still look so cool, and they go with everything. I work as a model as well, and I’ve done so many test shoots in them because everyone just adores them. They were so cheap as well.
What is the key item of your wardrobe?
– I do wear a lot of jeans. I try to style them with something cool like a blazer or a top. A great pair of jeans will definitely get you far.
Want to add something?
– My favorite thing to do every Friday is to go out and buy myself a bouquet of flowers. So, I think you should all go out and buy yourself some flowers and some chocolates and then watch your favorite television show.